Local Tapas and Drinks Tour With a Catalan
"Elvira was wonderful! Very informative and fun! She introduced us to the local delicacies of octopus with smoked paprika (delicious!) and leche de la pantera. We returned for both items later in our trip because they were amazing! Her tips and conversation were all very fun and helpful. She even provided us with suggestions for the rest of our trip. Wonderful experience! Definitely worth doing! Highly recommend."
- Desiree, Washington, DC, United States
The History Buff's 4h Insight Walking Tour of Barcelona
"My son and I had a great time on the tour, this was one of the most memorable highlights of our trip. We really learned a lot about the city and its history."
-Frank, New Jersey, United States
(1) What is Toureaux?
Toureaux.com is a platform for tour guides and experience hosts. The way it works is similar to other online platforms, such as Airbnb or eBay.
We offer travelers experiences like wine tastings, walking tours, cooking classes, and local "insider" guides who can show them all of Barcelona's best sights and hidden foodie spots.
- Experiences are social, so visitors will get the chance to meet other travelers
- Each experience is unique and memorable
- We screen for quality guides who are passionate about what they do
(2) What is a "platform"?
This means that anyone can create an account. Just click where it says "sign up" at the top-right corner of the homepage.
Using your account, you can:
1. Book tours and experiences OR
2. List your tour or experience. (However, in order to have your tour or experience approved, we must verify that you are a guide or host who has the right experience and/or qualifications.)
(3) How do payments work?
If you are a customer, meaning you'd like to book an experience, you can pay by credit card. All you need to do is select a tour and click "Request to Book."
If you are a guide or host, you'll be able to add your payout info after you've created an account. When a customer requests a tour, you'll be able to accept or decline the booking request, based on your availability.
Once you've accepted the request, you will receive the payment directly into your linked bank account, minus the 7% commission (this includes all credit card processing fees, so you will always receive 93% of the total booking amount.)
(4) How can I get my tour or experience approved?
After you've created an account, you'll be able to create your first listing. Click "Host an experience" at the top-right corner of the homepage. From there, you'll be able to fill in all the details about your tour or experience.
If you have a website, social media account, video or anything else to help us get an idea of your background and experience, please send them to us via email at email@example.com.
(5) What can I do to make my tour or experience stand out?
Customers like to be able to book tours and experiences ahead of time, so please make sure you have your payout information added to your account. This way, you'll still be covered in the case of a last-minute cancellation.
Photos and a good, detailed description are important. Travelers like to have an idea of what the experience entails.
(6) What if a customer asks to pay outside the platform?
We do not allow payments outside of the platform. Please make sure your customers pay ahead of time using their credit card. Let us know if there are any problems: firstname.lastname@example.org.
(7) What if a guide or host asks me (the customer) to pay them outside the platform?
Same answer as above. If this happens, let us know: email@example.com.
(8) I'm a customer. What if my travel plans get disrupted? For example, what if my flight gets cancelled?
If your flight gets cancelled, or something else happens that is outside your control you can send us proof of the incident and we will refund you.
(9) Other questions?
Feel free to shoot us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org